Principle of the Medifast diet
Medifast is a low calorie high-protein diet used for fast weight loss (up to 2-5 pounds a week). It is attempted by buying meal replacement products from Medifast that will ensure an optimal calorie and nutrient amount for both men and women.
The Medifast diet is suitable for:
- Those looking for balanced meal plan that includes a variety of foods, including fall fruits and vegetables.
- Those looking for homestyle flavors and seasonal favorites.
- Those looking for cooking and want to use a variety of cooking methods to harvest the flavors of fall.
The Medifast diet is not suitable for:
- Those looking for more convenient, frozen pre-packaged foods.
- Those with no access to purchasing a wide variety of fresh fall produce.
- Those with specific dietary needs that require a more specialized plan.
Foods and the Medifast diet :
The following foods are not allowed:
- Frozen, pre-packaged foods.
- Convenient, prepared items.
- Fatty cuts of meats
Advantages of the Medifast Diet plan:
- The Medifast Diet plan is simple to follow because you do not have to count calories since the meals are formulated with the correct balance of protein and carbohydrate.
- The Medifast Diet plan nutritionally balanced.